Saturday, January 3, 2009

My Yard

I am finally getting around to posting about the work we had done in our yard. We plan on doing a lot more work, but we need to save up some more money to do so. We don't want to have to take out any loans to have to do it. Here is the front of the house. We took out the cement walkway and replaced it with pavers. We also extended the walkway to add another entrance that meets up with the front sidewalk. Now people don't have to either walk around to the the driveway entrance or walk through rocks to get to our front door.

Here is a closer look


This is looking out my front door into my courtyard


Here is another view of my courtyard. We plan on adding a lot of color with plants. We also want to replace the front door (or at least I do) and put urns on either side.



Here is our Backyard . We are going to put our outdoor kitchen on top of the pavers on the far right. We are going to add some more plants and a pool on the left hand side of our yard.


This is our landscapers working on the back yard

We are so excited about the improvements. It is nice to have grass for the kids to play on in the backyard. We will keep you posted on any new improvements. I figure it might take a little while till we get to the next round.

3 comments:

LTD in Las Vegas said...

brings back great memories of our own. It looks great! Mike my husband refused to pay landscapers so I was tortured to watch it extend over a year of hard labor. Where in AZ are you?

trippin said...

We are in Chandler, AZ. I am not sure if you know where that is. We are probably about 30 minutes away from Phoenix. I am the one that usually takes on all the home improvement projects. I knew the yard was beyond my capabilities. I did think about it though. I knew I wanted someone to draw up our plans. I wanted to get the best use of our space. We had a guy in an old ward that has a landscaping business. We had him draw up the plans and do the work. He gave us a pretty good deal. We are really happy with the way it is turning out.

Kitty said...

Jeannine,
The yard looks beautiful and you're house is lovely. I love seeing you NESTING and making your home just like you want it. It makes me happy.
love and hugs