Monday, May 4, 2009

entertainment center

I know I was really bad at blogging last week. I do have an excuse for it. I was working on some projects. My mom was in town from Julie having her baby so she was able to help me a bit. I really appreciate all the work she did. I got this shelf at a yard sale last week for $5. It is solid wood, but it didn't have a back so it was a bit wobbly. I had a piece of paneling from Home Depot cut to fit. I painted it and nailed it to the back. Now I have a sturdy and totally cute entertainment center for around $25. I love yard sales!!!!!

BeforeAfter Don't you love the flash from my camera bouncing off the TV. I will be painting the walls behind Gold like I have in the rest of the house. I think it will look nice. I will show you the hutch I used as my inspiration for the color, as soon as I get my scanner working.


3 comments:

Kitty said...

Jeannine,
Your new entertainment center turned out beautiful. I can't believe Julie had her #2. Is it a little boy or a little girl. How exciting. I'm happy you had some Mommy time. Tell her I said Hello and give her a big hug from me when you see her next.
love you,
Kat

trippin said...

Julie had another little boy on April 14th. She named him Christopher Nels after my daddy.

LTD in Las Vegas said...

You once again wow me with your creativity!